If you have planned to have a Caribbean wedding, there is hardly any other perfect destination than the U.S. Virgin Islands. As such the Virgin Islands can be considered to be some of the loveliest and most hassle-free wedding destinations, still times can come when you may be stressed out. However, with due care, you can avoid such situations and enjoy your big day to the fullest. Here are some tips.
Benefits of Tying the Knot on the Virgin Islands
- The US Virgin Islands being a US territory, you don’t need a passport there if you are a US citizen.
- The official currency is the US dollar; so, you will find no problem of exchanging money or fluctuating currency.
- Airfare is reasonable.
- There are numerous sights where you can take excellent wedding photos and enjoy a picnic with your guests. And after wedding, you can continue to stay here for an unforgettable honeymoon.
Things You and Your Guests can Do
Virgin Islands have several things which will make you and your guests enjoy your destination wedding to the fullest. Some of them are:
- Yacht charters
- Eating out
- Visit some of the most beautiful beaches in the world
- Relaxing with massage and spa
Things You should Know
- There are three US Virgin Islands, St. Thomas, St. Croix and St. John, besides 50+ scattered cays, which are some of the most popular Caribbean wedding destinations for the Americans.
- Sometimes the islands can become crowded because they are major halts on the itinerary of most Caribbean cruises.
Virgin Islands Wedding Villa Suites
Whatever one may feel about the Virgin Islands, one will agree that the islands are perfect for wedding because of its wedding villas. For example, the Virgin Islands wedding villa suites, Villa Marbella, on St. Thomas at Frenchman Bay which are simply perfect for a wedding setting with their breathtaking views, premium amenities and prompt and polite staff who strives to make your big day memorable. You can get an idea from some of their photos in this article and a lot more on their website.
Things to Remember
While your Caribbean wedding on Virgin Islands can be the most fun, you should remember and follow certain things to make it so.
Choose the Right Time: If you are passionate about beach wedding, take care to choose the right time because the beaches can be the most crowded, generally between 11 am and 3 pm. Also take care to avoid the harsh Caribbean sun.
Get Marriage License Application Immediately: If you want to get legally married in St. Thomas or St. John, get the marriage license application form immediately.
Pay Attention to Weather: As such Virgin Islands have lovely weather almost all through the year; however, rain can ruin your wedding sometimes if you are not much into enjoying being wet. Unfortunately weather forecasts here are unreliable and fortunately showers here last only for a short time.
So, choose the Virgin Islands as your wedding destination, enjoy the stay at a wedding villa like the gorgeous Villa Marbella and celebrate your big day in a fabulous way.