Are you among the many couples who are considering DIY catering instead of hiring a professional caterer to cut the cost? If yes, wait before you step ahead and think whether if it is really feasible for you. A wedding is a big affair and obviously it is a lifetime moment for you. Even your guests too expect a dazzling and organized event. If you are not a professional caterer, are you going to afford to manage preparing and serving food for a number of people? If you have that competence, you can definitely do it. But remember that then it should be done perfectly, just like a professional would do! Take a look at a catering in Pasadena or Tucson, and understand how they work professionally. To make it more clear, let’s see what are the pros and cons of hiring a professional catering and a DIY catering.
- It saves money
- Food cooked is of your choice
- You have a full control on portions
- It has a more personal touch
- Your guests are more involved in such a food service because you are managing it
- It keeps track with your budget
- It takes a lot of time, which is a big disadvantage, because there are lots of other chores already waiting for you
- It is stressful too, as you are worried about whether it will be successful
- As you have not done it professionally before this, your skills are limited
- Space and cooking preparation is limited because of lack of professionalism
- Supply may be more or less than required; in both cases it is stressful
Now let us see the pros and cons of hiring a professional caterer.
- Experienced cooks and managers for handling food-making for large groups
- Offers you freedom of enjoying your big day
- Professional caterers have skills of developing menus which can satisfy wide range of taste buds and budgets
- They are well-equipped with tools to ensure that everything is running smoothly
- They receive a dedicated training for health and hygiene
- You get a one-stop shop at them
- They are expensive
- You may not get all the foods of your choice
Looking at the pros and cons of DIY and professional caterer it is anytime feasible to hire a professional. However, if you have a passion and confidence that you can make arrangements of food for a big group of guests on your big day and do it successfully, you can try that too. However, you will have to do it very carefully and with a lot of planning. Who knows, you can become a professional caterer in future after making your wedding a great success!