Let’s imagine you are flying somewhere romantic to get married. The sun’s out, your family and friends are in a good mood. After the party is over, you don’t have to travel anywhere for a honeymoon. Wouldn’t it be great? Greece offers incredible travel and wedding destinations. Let’s take a look at some of the most famous Greek islands for saying “I do”.
- Santorini is the most famous Greek island and it’s well known as the island of romance. Black beaches of Perissa, Perivolos and Kamari and Fira’s white washed villas with blue are unforgettable. The dramatic landscape and picturesque wedding venues attract thousands of couples from all around the world to exchange their wedding vows.
- The island of Zakynthos is the perfect wedding spot. This Ionian island is also known as Zante is well known for its soft sandy beaches, crystal clear sea and beautiful flowers.
- Beautiful golden sandy beaches spreading before Mediterranean and Aegean sea, stunning landscape, beautiful scenery, traditional villages and monasteries where life seems to be the same at it had been centuries ago are just some of the most obvious reasons why people visit the island of Rhodes over and over again. If you are looking for a relaxed and serene atmosphere for your big day (and/or honeymoon), don’t look any further. Check out some of the accommodation options at http://www.greece-rentals.co.uk/en/island-rhodes/.
- The largest Greek island, Crete offers diversity in choosing a wedding theme. Charming chapels, mystical fortresses, rural farm estates and many beautiful beaches welcome loving couples making it really hard not to have a dream wedding.
- Are you a cosmopolitan couple? One of the most cosmopolitan islands in Greece is surely Mykonos. Mykonos Windmill with its view of the Little Venice bay is one of the most authentic locations in whole Greece. If you decide to get married here, you will experience typical Cycladic lifestyle while rubbing shoulders with famous people and superstars who keep returning here.