If your big day is just around the corner and you are not still sure about which wedding dress style will suit you and what styles are available in wedding dresses in the first place, don’t worry! We are here to help you out. By reading these tips, we hope that you can choose from among several simple affordable bridal gowns that look elegant and beautiful, just right for your special day.
If you are planning to have something different than the traditional floor-length wedding gowns, you can choose one amongst the following:
- Mini: Mini length is just below the hip portion. It is perfect if you have beautiful, shapely legs and you are tying the knot on a beach or in Las Vegas!
- Knee: This is just above or covering the knee. It is perfect for a summer wedding.
- Tea: Tea length is just below the knee length. If you are a fan of the 50s’ fashions, you will like this length.
- Traditional Floor-length: These gowns are extremely beautiful and graceful. Some brides also choose them for hiding their lower portion, but the long full flowing skirt adds a unique elegance to your personality. The skirt of a long wedding dress can be of various types, like A-line, Ball gown, Mermaid, Trumpet, Flared and Column/Straight/Sheath dresses.
There are some other styles too, like:
- 1-piece Short and Long Dress: This is long in the back and short in the front
- 2-Piece Short and Long Dress: You can detach the long skirt of this type of dress if you want. So, you can wear the long dress for your ceremony and short dress for your reception.
As you will be standing with your back towards the guests during the ceremony and also you will be observed from all angles being the centre of attraction of the event, the design of back of your wedding gown is important. You can choose from lacy or transparent or delicately detailed back to backless dress.
Backless wedding dress is perfect for a summer wedding. Necklines that go with backless dresses are halter, cross-back, strapless, sweetheart and thin strapped.
For a closed back, consider having laced fabric for your back with a great design, or illusion back with nude fabrics with embellishments of your choice like pearls, beads, flower appliqués or crystals, or button-down back for a sexy touch.
All in all, you need not be confused about your bridal dress. Visit JVSDress.com and DavidsBridal.com to watch a range of simple and elegant bridal gowns in a variety of beautiful styles and you can easily decide which style will suit you the best. The pictures in this article too are their courtesy.