If you are planning a civil wedding ceremony, you would have your civil wedding officiant there. What questions should you ask him/her before hiring an officiant for the ceremony? We will try to help you with 7 question, just to give you basic idea what you should look for when choosing the right person to perform your wedding ceremony. Good luck!
- Are you available on our wedding day? – Of course, this is the first and the most important question. If he/she’s busy on that day, you have to move on with your search.
- Can you travel to our wedding site? – Also, you can choose a local Los Angeles wedding chapel, if you are from L.A. and you don’t want a wedding site, yet.
- Do you charge a standard fee? – Maybe the fee is a donation.
- How long have you been performing weddings and why do you like your job? – You don’t want someone inexperienced or bored with their job.
- Do you have sample readings/wording/ceremonies to show us?
- Would you let us specify ceremony details such as vows, music and reading? Can we include a touch of religion? – This is important if you want your ceremony to be unique and customized and not just like all the others. You should choose someone who is open for your ideas and suggestions
- Are you available for a ceremony rehearsal? – You are getting married, hopefully, for the first and the last time. You should have a rehearsal just to make sure everything will work well on the big day.
Also, it is important to feel whether the officiant is interested in you as a couple. If you feel that your officiant is ignorant, you won’t feel comfortable enough to enjoy your wedding ceremony. It’s important to respect and like your officiant and to feel it is mutual.