Flowers play an important role in weddings and if chosen carefully, they make your event look fabulous. Flowers create mood and an atmosphere, with their colorful freshness and soft fragrance, making you and your guests enjoy the ceremony in a true sense. Here are tips to choose your wedding flowers so as to make them add the desired charm to your big day.
Various Types of Flowers for Various Purposes
All flowers are not alike! Every flower has its own significance with its color and fragrance, and a history and tradition. If you browse through internet and wedding magazines, you will learn very interesting information about the significance of each type of flower. Here are some tips:
- Learn the language of flowers. They can express what you want to say and your mood. Flowers like Bluebell, Gardenia, Azalea, Gerbera, Heliotrope, Honeysuckle, Jasmine, Lily, Orchid and all types of Roses are perfect for a wedding because they denote love, bonding, devotion, purity, beauty, cheer, happiness, passion, sensuality, marital happiness and adoration.
- If you are confused about which flowers to choose, choose flowers like Lily, Hydrangea, Roses, Orchid, Peony and Calla Lily because these are classic wedding flowers and you can’t go wrong with them.
Usually flowers have colors that please anyone’s eyes. However, if you give particular attention while choosing a color theme of your wedding and choose flowers according to it, the flowers will serve as great decoration elements. Take care not to choose a single color, but go for matching colors, like red-yellow-golden, blue-yellow-green, orange-yellow, pink-blue, lavender-pink, pink-white, and so on. If you want your wedding to look vibrant, choose warm colors like red, orange and yellow, and if you prefer a submissive cool color theme, colors like blue, green, white, lavender and pink would be the best for you. Here are some flowers that come in concerned colors:
- White: Rose, Stephanotis, Orchid, Jasmine, Sweet Pea, Snowdrop, Camellia, Narcissus, Lily of the Valley
- Lavender: Lilac, Statice, Anemone, Lavender, Hydrangea, Iris
- Pink: Boronia, Lily, Ranunculus, Rose, Peony, Carnation, Protea, Tulip
- Red: Rose, Gerbera, Amaryllis, Poinsettia, Dahlia
- Yellow: Sunflower, Daffodil, Lily, Tulip, Freesia, Gerbera
Flowers like Rose, Orchid and Lily come in almost any color and they are unmistakably right for an event like wedding.
Determine Where You Want Flowers to Look Prominent
Flowers look beautiful; but that doesn’t mean that you should fill the entire hall with them, even if your budget allows that. Visit your venue before the wedding and find spots where the flowers would look the most beautiful. The spots should be such that their beauty will be enhanced with the flowers and vice versa. Here are some suggestions:
- End of pews
- Chancel steps
- Bridal arch
- Centers of dinner tables
Artificial flowers are the best alternative to the quickly wilting natural flowers and are available in whatever types and colors you want. With expert craftsmanship, they look just like real flowers and eliminate the risk of allergies caused by real flowers and pollens.
Angel Isabella LLC is specialized in handmade artificial flowers of high quality. As each of their products is made by hand by their onsite florist team, they can offer you customized flowers as per your specific needs. Look at some of their lovely arrangements in this article and many more on their website.